When monitoring species in the field (e.g. observing wildlife time budgets, or other species data) keep track of counters, timers and text markers.
Originally created for monitoring bat activity (counting bats crossing an observation point, recording seconds of audibles) this tool removes the need for stop watches, tally counters, pen & paper, and flashlights to see what you are doing.
How to create Timestamped Field Data:
- Start one or more “observation events” (date/time stamped.)
- Start/stop timers by pressing named buttons.
- Export the timestamped data in chronological order, via e-mail or cut-n-paste.
How to customize your count and/or timer buttons:
- Create your own “counter, timer and marker buttons”. Enter text via the keyboard when needed.
- Import and/or Export “quick text buttons” for moving between devices.
Save yourself time and frustration (and juggling devices and paper) as the data takes care of itself.