It is wonderful to see how much usage Timestamped Field Notes is seeing, from the various projects and studies it is involved in, and it is always good to get the feedback on it (positive or otherwise.) Based upon some of that feedback, I’ve been working on a new version of Timestamped Field Notes with a reasonable amount new functionality.
Some examples of this are:
- Batch export to Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Events color coded as “orange” (to export) “green” (exported.)
- Export formats: HTML, CSV (Comma Separated Values), Text.
- Export Dates (not just Times.)
- Daily reminder notifications when events require export.
- Sharing “Keyword Sets” creating a my-words.keywords file.
- Importing “Keyword Sets”, reading my-words.keywords file.
- “Tidy Text” (attempt to automatically clean up additional spacing, etc.)
I am excited about a number of these changes, but especially the sharing of keyword sets. I’ve been wanting to add this for a while. If you’ve got a good set of keywords for a topic you’ll be more easily able to share it with your various devices, but also with colleagues.
I am not quite ready to release it, but I would be interested in getting some feedback on the new release. If you’d be open to testing this release please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you could sign-up at TestFlightApp.